The canola oil & walnuts in this recipe are rich in Omega 3s while the spelt and oats are rich in folate and zinc. The cocoa and bananas are a good source of magnesium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup hot water (or coffee)
- 2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk (or non-dairy alternative)
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour (finely ground oats)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven 350F, line 3 cookie sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the flaxseed and hot water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Mash in the bananas, then beat in the honey, oils, vanilla and milk.
- 4Beat in the flours, cinnamon, cayenne, cocoa, baking soda, oats, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- 5Optional: cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours.
- 6Drop tablespoons of batter onto cookie sheet.
- 7Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10 minutes.
- 8Cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Banana Brownie Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.2
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 12.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: