1/3 Photos of Better Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal is so yummy and if you haven't tried it, you're missing out! This recipe is special in several respects- for one, it contains not only rolled oats, but also oat bran and steel-cut oats. It's also not too high in fat and you mix in some fruit of your choosing, for an extra tasty treat. Delicious and healthy, this is the kind of special breakfast you can feel good about serving your family in the morning. Enjoy! (From BH&G)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 591.47 ml rolled oats
- 59.14 ml oat bran
- 59.14 ml steel cut oats
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 473.18 ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 78.07 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml oil or 59.14 ml melted butter
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 473.18 ml fruit (such as blueberries, chopped apples or pears or strawberries or other fruit of your choosing)
- vanilla yogurt (optional) or milk (optional) or half-and-half (optional) or cream, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, oat bran, steel-cut oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix together milk, eggs, applesauce, oil or butter, and sugars.
- 5Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry and pour into prepared casserole dish.
- 6Bake, uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- 7Stir oatmeal and fold in fruit.
- 8Bake, uncovered for about 20 more minutes or until top is lightly brown.
- 9To serve, spoon into bowls and serve with yogurt, milk, half-and-half or cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Baked Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 181.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: