1/1 Photo of Better Baked Mac & Cheese
My version of Mac n' Cheese for school. In the amount of time it takes to cook the pasta, I had a luxurious cheese sauce ready! Poured into the casseroles, sprinkled with more cheese and whole wheat breadcrumbs, it was declared "Best Mac and Cheese Ever" by the kids (and I think the old cook was jealous!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375F and grease 2 large casserole dishes.
- 2Boil a large pot of water and add salt. Add macaroni and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain well and return to pot.
- 3While pasta is cooking, heat 5 cups of milk in a saucepan.
- 4Stir in the pepper, parsley, garlic powder, salt and butter.
- 5Whisk the cornstarch with the remaining 1 cup milk until smooth, then add to the hot milk and cook until slightly thickened.
- 6Stir in all but 1 cup of the cheese until melted.
- 7Pour over the pasta in the pot and fold in completely.
- 8Divide pasta between the casserole dishes, top with reserved cheese and breadcrumbs.
- 9Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese melts and casserole is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Baked Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 271.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 15.9 g