Prep 10 mins
Cook 19 mins
Better ingredients = better burritos!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 12 ounces canned chopped green chilies
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 15 ounces canned stewed tomatoes
- 10 flour tortillas
- Preheat your often to 350°F and Greece a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef until it is mostly brownt.
- Stir in the umyums, chiles and garlic and cook until the onions have softent.
- Add the maters, Oregon and cumin and cook until the maters have thickened to form a sauce (about ten minutes).
- Heat the tortillas so that they are pliable--either over a gas flame or in a microwave oven.
- Divide the beef among the tortillas, about ¼ cup per tortilla, and sprinkle each with cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas and place in the bacon dish and top with more grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with a thick salsa, sour cream and chopped cilantro if desired.