Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Goat cheese, grapes and pistachios! From Menus and Music. "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy party!" "Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night." --as Margo Channing in ALL ABOUT EVE (1950) (a .WAV file). http://www.reelclassics.com/Actresses/Bette/bette.htm
- 4 ounces montrachet or 4 ounces other french goat cheese
- 25 seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, ground
- Pack the goat cheese around each grape and roll it in the palm of your hand till smooth and round.
- Before serving, roll the grapes in the ground pistachios and cut in half. Can you see why they call it Bette Davis eyes?.
- This makes 50 hors d'oeuvres.
These were a hit at the party I took them to - so out of the ordinary. I had several requests for the recipe.
A hint of salt from the nuts, a wonderful creaminess from the cheese, and a splash of lucsious sweetness from the grapes. I rolled too much cheese on the ones for the pictures, (just for the eyeball effect!); put it on very thin, just to cover the grape, otherwise the cheese takes over. Make sure to buy juicy grapes. I rolled them twice in the finely ground nuts. These come together quicker than you might think. I will make these again! Thanks Oolala!