1/4 Photos of Betsy's Lemon-Cranberry Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Found in a TOH magazine and clipped out to try! Boy was I ever glad I did. A lemony loaf of bread with the extra zip of dried cranberries. I've made this as a regular sized loaf and also in mini loaf sizes for gifts. I have also used walnuts and almonds in this bread and actually prefer the almonds - but use whatever nut you love. The addition of the lemon glaze just takes this bread over the top. *** Edited 11/19/09 - This recipe makes TWO 9x5x3" pans instead of one. Sorry for my error! If you want just one loaf just halve the recipe and it will work perfectly! ***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated
- 4 eggs (or can use 2 cups egg-substitute)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (or almonds)
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, lemon juice & peel.
- 2Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl; then add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 4Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- 5Divide batter between TWO greased 9x5x3" bread pans or six greased 5.75x3x2" mini loaf pans.
- 6Bake at 350F for 1 hour (9x5x3") or 40-45 minutes (5.75x3x2") or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack.
- 8With a toothpick or skewer, poke 12 holes into each loaf.
- 9Cool bread completely.
- 10Combine sugar and lemon juice for the glaze and combine until the sugar is dissolved completely. Spoon glaze over loaf. Cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betsy's Lemon-Cranberry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 237.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g