Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The moistest cornbread you'll ever eat! The jalapenos are just for flavor - if you need more heat, you know what to do! Serve with some nice smoked Texas brisket, or ribs, or chili - anything goes! Thanks to my friend, and terrific cook Betsy for this one!
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesyellow cornbread mix (those 3 for $1 ones - Martha White is good, or your favorite brand)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2-1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned jalapeno slices (more if you want some heat)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- (Can also make muffins if desired).
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Add the milk.
- Mix in the cornbread mix until you have a smooth batter (but don't overbeat).
- Add onion, cheese, corn and jalapenos.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- (Muffins may bake a little faster).