The moistest cornbread you'll ever eat! The jalapenos are just for flavor - if you need more heat, you know what to do! Serve with some nice smoked Texas brisket, or ribs, or chili - anything goes! Thanks to my friend, and terrific cook Betsy for this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) packages yellow cornbread mix (those 3 for $1 ones - Martha White is good, or your favorite brand)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2-1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned jalapeno slices (more if you want some heat)
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Spray 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- 3(Can also make muffins if desired).
- 4Beat eggs until frothy.
- 5Add the milk.
- 6Mix in the cornbread mix until you have a smooth batter (but don't overbeat).
- 7Add onion, cheese, corn and jalapenos.
- 8Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- 9(Muffins may bake a little faster).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betsy's Creamy Jalapeno Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.2 mg
- Sodium 633.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g