Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Somthing I made up the other night. It turned out tasty so I thought I'd share. This made 2 good-size servings that I served along with salmon. It could serve 3 with smaller portions. For the mushrooms, I used half a 10 oz. bag of the pre-sliced ones at the grocery store. NOTE: Don't overcook the asparagus, or it will be mushy and you won't like the dish.
- Cut 1 to 1/1-2 inches off the bottom of the asparagus spears, discard those pieces. Then cut the spears into 1 inch pieces with a diagonal cut.
- Heat olive oil in medium sized pan, over medium high heat.
- Toss asparagus and onion into the olive oil in the pan and stir to coat well.
- Use salt and pepper to your liking.
- Continue stirring, and when the asparagus and onion mixture sizzles, drop in the butter and stir it around so it melts, blends in and coats the aspargus mixture.
- Now turn the heat down to medium or medium low (depending on your stove), cover the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes. Stir it a couple times and only cook until the asparagus turns a light green and softens a bit.
- Now stir in the mushrooms, raise the heat back to medium high and cook (stirring) just until the mushrooms begin to shrink and soften.
- TIME TO EAT!