Somthing I made up the other night. It turned out tasty so I thought I'd share. This made 2 good-size servings that I served along with salmon. It could serve 3 with smaller portions. For the mushrooms, I used half a 10 oz. bag of the pre-sliced ones at the grocery store. NOTE: Don't overcook the asparagus, or it will be mushy and you won't like the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut 1 to 1/1-2 inches off the bottom of the asparagus spears, discard those pieces. Then cut the spears into 1 inch pieces with a diagonal cut.
- 2Heat olive oil in medium sized pan, over medium high heat.
- 3Toss asparagus and onion into the olive oil in the pan and stir to coat well.
- 4Use salt and pepper to your liking.
- 5Continue stirring, and when the asparagus and onion mixture sizzles, drop in the butter and stir it around so it melts, blends in and coats the aspargus mixture.
- 6Now turn the heat down to medium or medium low (depending on your stove), cover the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes. Stir it a couple times and only cook until the asparagus turns a light green and softens a bit.
- 7Now stir in the mushrooms, raise the heat back to medium high and cook (stirring) just until the mushrooms begin to shrink and soften.
- 8TIME TO EAT!
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betsy's Asparagus & Mushroom Saute
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.5
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 78.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 8.1 g