Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by my childhood friend, Beth, who is a great cook. This dish could be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven. Even my kids like it.
- Flatten veal to 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Cut into 2 inch squares and coat with flour.
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté veal pieces, a little at a time, until golden brown on both sides.
- Return all meat and the garlic to the skillet and heap mushrooms on top.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Pour on vermouth.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until veal is fork tender.
- Add more vermouth if needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
A great simple recipe thank you Oolala. We used veal cutlets, but they are different to what you asked for. Ours are like big thick bone-in chops and we love them. Russell cooked and he followed your recipe, except for the different cut of meat which he cooked to medium rare as we like it. The sauce is really tasty and went well with veal.