- 6 lbs beef brisket
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup kosher wine
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place brisket in heavy heated Dutch oven.
- Brown meat on all sides over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Brown, about 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cover pot and simmer about 3 hours until meat is tender.
- You can heat it in the oven if the meat is too large for the pot.
- This is best made ahead and you can freeze and reheat it.
- Slice meat against the grain.