I had a mad craving for swedish meatballs tonight. I couldn't find a recipe that was really what I was looking for, so I came up with this. I'm posting it here for safe keeping. Perfect for a quick supper when using premade frozen meatballs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule (or beef)
- 10 1/2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute onion in olive oil until softened.
- 2Stir in garlic and mushrooms, cook until heated through.
- 3Add the can of mushroom soup and a half can of water.
- 4Stir well then add in the chicken or beef flavor base, cream, paprika, onion powder and parsley flakes.
- 5Stir well, then stir in sour cream.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Add hot cooked meatballs and let simmer for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beth's Swedish Meatball Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.2
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 709.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g