Recipe by senseicheryl
These truly are "5 star" cookies. This is from the All Recipes Website. Here is what the chef has to say: "With a little experimenting, I came up with these chewy, spicy, oatmeal raisin cookies. They make your kitchen smell wonderful while they are baking. They almost remind me of Christmas because the spices smell so good." Thank you Beth Sigworth for such a wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden.
- Do not overbake.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
- Make sure you get some, because they don't last long!