Recipe by Not-2-Sweet
I love this salad. It's light, refreshing, easy and quick to make.And it tastes great! Perfect on a summer's day. Hands down, this is my favorite salad any time of year. If you want to kick it up a bit, instead of salt and pepper try using Old Bay or Lemon Pepper seasoning. For a little heat, add finely minced jalapeno.
- 8 ounces shell pasta, uncooked
- 8 ounces frozen precooked baby shrimp (1 bag)
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low fat is fine)
- 1 cup sour cream (light is fine, not fat free)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta shells in salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Immediately, drain and rinse in cold water. Let drain.
- Coarsely chop shrimp and tear crabmeat into small chunks.
- Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir seafood, onion, peppers, parsley and pasta into mayo mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Serve cold -- Enjoy!
- Keeps for up to three days in the fridge.