Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from Allrecipes and there isn't one like this on zaar.Even my picky DH liked this and I hope you will too. If you use a small cabbage you will have more sauce. It depends on whether you want cabbage with a lot of sauce or not.
- 1 head cabbage, cut into small wedges.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup shredded medium cheddar (the original recipe called for American cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed round buttery cracker
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cook cabbage in boiling salted water until barely tender, about 10 minutes, drain well.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in flour, milk and salt.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened then fold in cheese.
- Put cabbage in casserole dish and stir in cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is browned.
Love it. . .
I used a mix of cheeses on hand and this was a fabulous recipe! Very easy and the perfect comfort food for a cold February evening! This is great paired with smoked sausage links.
DH and I love this and will be making it often! Thank you for posting this great recipe. Yum.