- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups crumbled baking powder biscuits
- 4 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄8 lb pork sausage
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small pot, combine onion, celery, margarine and chicken broth.
- Bring to boil and cook vegetables until tender.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, combine cornbread, biscuit crumbs, salt, pepper, sausage, chopped eggs and sage.
- Pour broth and vegetables over bread mixture, and stir until combined.
- Bake dressing for 30-45 minutes.