Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are cookies that I created for my husband. I hope you enjoy. He sure did. I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but use milk chocolate chips for him.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, loosely packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In one bowl beat butter, Crisco, sugars, eggs and vanilla till smooth. I do it by hand myself, but you can use the mixer.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon till combined.
- Fold in the oats, chips and nuts. You will want to do this step by hand. The dough is pretty stiff.
- You can certainly use more or less of chips and nuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet or I use my Silpat.
- Flatten them slightly because they do not spread much.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool and enjoy!
O.o So it's pretty much the quaker recipe w/ chocolate chips added. >.> gg