1/37 Photos of Beth's Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Ribs (Oven)
3 hrs 15 mins
I almost didn't want to share this ribs recipe because this is one of the dishes that I make that keep my sons coming back home! These can be done with baby back or regular pork ribs. I have also made split chickens this way. The ribs are tender, moist and just slide off of the bone. I know that your family will love them just as much as my family does. I noticed that some are unable to find hickory smoked salt. You can use smoked paprika or just brush the ribs with liquid smoke before applying the rub. The smoke flavor is nice because it helps give the ribs a cooked-on-the-grill flavor. Also, the easiest way to remove the membrane is to work a spoon, or I use the tips of my kitchen shears, into the bottom center of the membrane, work it back and forth to form a "pocket," then I slide my thumbs in and work the membrane off from the center outward to the ends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.
- 2Peel off tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs.
- 3Mix together the sugar and spices to make the rub.
- 4Apply rub to ribs on all sides.
- 5Lay ribs on two layers of foil, shiny side out and meaty side down.
- 6Lay two layers of foil on top of ribs and roll and crimp edges tightly, edges facing up to seal.
- 7Place on baking sheet and bake for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is starting to shrink away from the ends of the bone.
- 8Remove from oven.
- 9Heat broiler.
- 10Cut ribs into serving sized portions of 2 or 3 ribs.
- 11Arrange on broiler pan, bony side up.
- 12Brush on sauce.
- 13Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until sauce is cooked on and bubbly.
- 14Turn ribs over.
- 15Repeat on other side.
- 16Alternately, you can grill the ribs on your grill to cook on the sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beth's Melt in Your Mouth Barbecue Ribs (Oven)
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1229.3
- Calories from Fat 692
- Total Fat 76.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 278.0 mg
- Sodium 872.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 48.5 g
- Protein 71.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory smoke salt