Recipe by Oolala
My friend, Beth, sent this when I asked her for some good and easy recipes that she likes to make. It's originally from a magazine. This has orange juice in it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or salad oil)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, sliced for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken until 1/4 " thick.
- Combine bread crumbs, nuts and salt on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Beat egg with fork in pie plate.
- Dip each breast into egg than coat with bread-nut mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter with the oil.
- Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on all sides.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5-7 minutes until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Pour chicken broth and orange juice into pan and heat until boiling. Cook until sauce is reduced by 1/3. Blend in the remaining butter, 1 tablespoons at a time, until sauce thickens.
- Pour over chicken.
- Serve with orange slices.