Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was one of the recipes my friend gave to me when I asked her for some of her favorite recipes. You can use any cut of lamb for the recipe.
- 4 -6 large shoulder lamb chops, 3/4-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Score fat around edges of chops to prevent curling.
- Brown both sides well under boiler. Drain off all fat and place in oiled baking dish.
- Combine curry powder, orange juice, lemon juice, and honey and pour over the chops and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Add oranges to sauce for the last 5 minutes of cooking to warm them up.