Recipe by Not-2-Sweet
These are so yummy--and oh so easy! I like to use frozen whole green beans versus the cut ones. If you can find the slender whole beans, that's even better! These can be made with fresh beans too, but you have to adjust the cooking time. Being that fresh bean season is so short, I usually use the frozen. For the sliced almonds, I really love "Roasted Garlic Caesar" Almond Accents made by Sunkist. These can usually be found in the produce or salad dressing section of your grocery store.
Top Review by mums the word
We really enjoyed the bacon and almonds with the green beans. I used fresh onion as opposed to the instant onion and I used reduced sodium bouillon. An excellent side dish that I will make again. I would really like to try this with fresh green beans when they are in season as they're a bit pricey right now. Thx Beth.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon powdered chicken base
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet. Add beans and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add water, chicken base, and dried minced onion.
- Bring to boil, then turn down heat to simmer covered for about 5 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in bacon bits, and cook for another minute or until water is almost evaporated from pan.
- Season to taste with garlic pepper seasoning.
- Stir in almonds.