Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe makes a large batch that can be used to make several forms of carrot cake. It is moist and good by itself or topped with cream cheese frosting.
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 8 large eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups carrots (fine grated)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 3 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla in a bowl; set aside.
- Place sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, soda and salt in large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry till well blended.
- Fold in carrots, pinapple and nuts.
- Bake times are approximate (insert knife in center, cake is done when comes out clean).
- Spring Form pan: 60-70 minutes.
- Tube/Bundt pan: 50-60 minutes.
- Loaf pan: 40-50 minutes.
- 8" cake pans: 30-35 minutes.
- Again, this recipe makes several of the above. I usually make a two layer cake then maybe a loaf or mini loafs. I imagine you could make some nice muffins or sheet cake as well but I am not sure of the cook times. Top with your favorite cream cheese frosting or eat plain.
Great, classic carrot cake. Easy to make, phenominal results!
This is a super wonderful cake. I made a smaller quantity, though, and it went off very well with my guests. Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed year :-)