2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
The easiest most incredibly delicious brisket recipe. This was given to me at Aimee's, my daughter's, insistence. Update: December 10/07 - it turns out great when you roast it in a bag - also makes clean up a breeze!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) first cut beef brisket
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package of french's onion soup mix
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 tablespoons margarine or 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- carrots or new potatoes or turnip
- 1Sear onions in margarine and then allow to caramelize, about 15 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Mix soup mix, stewed tomatoes, cranberry sauce in bowl.
- 4Season brisket with salt and pepper.
- 5Cover brisket with onions and then with the cranberry sauce mixture.
- 6Cover and roast for about 1-1/2 hours and check to see if tender.
- 7Then add carrots and potatoes to pan, to roast for another hour.
- 8Serve with potato pancakes, or parsley noodles.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beth's Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1415.1
- Calories from Fat 897
- Total Fat 99.7 g
- Saturated Fat 37.9 g
- Cholesterol 248.7 mg
- Sodium 1352.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 55.0 g
- Protein 60.7 g