Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
The easiest most incredibly delicious brisket recipe. This was given to me at Aimee's, my daughter's, insistence. Update: December 10/07 - it turns out great when you roast it in a bag - also makes clean up a breeze!
- 1 (3 lb) first cut beef brisket
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageof french's onion soup mix
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 tablespoons margarine or 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- carrots or new potatoes or turnip
- Sear onions in margarine and then allow to caramelize, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix soup mix, stewed tomatoes, cranberry sauce in bowl.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper.
- Cover brisket with onions and then with the cranberry sauce mixture.
- Cover and roast for about 1-1/2 hours and check to see if tender.
- Then add carrots and potatoes to pan, to roast for another hour.
- Serve with potato pancakes, or parsley noodles.