Recipe by Not-2-Sweet
I love this salad. It's high protein and low in fat. Its tangy and crunchy and just plain tastes good. Whenever I make it, it's gone in no time. It's great in sandwiches, tortilla roll-ups and I like it on crackers. I'm guessing on the exact measurements.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red onion, chopped fine
- 1 small granny smith apple, peeled and chopped fine
- 3 large hardboiled egg, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip light
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tuna in a colander over the sink for several minutes.
- Put drained tuna in a large bowl, and flake with a fork.
- Stir in all ingredients except miracle whip and mustard.
- Stir in a big squirt of mustard and miracle whip. Add more Miracle Whip if needed.
- Let chill for at least an hour before serving.