Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Bethenny Frankel is from The Real Housewives of New York City. She is also a natural food chef and cooks for many celebrities. Bethenny is very well known for this recipe and you can easily adapt this to suit your tastes. If you don't want to turn the oven on, put a lid on your pan and turn the heat to low after adding the cheese. It will cook through but will not brown on top. Enjoy!
- 1 cup vegetables, sauteed, such as onions, spinach, zucchini, broccoli (great way to use leftovers) or 1 cup tomatoes, chopped or sliced
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 egg whites
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon feta, crumbled, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a smaill nonstick pan with an ovenproof handle with cooking spray. Over medium heat, saute the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites with a little salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and move it around with a spatula until slightly solidified. Transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake until the frittata is almost firm to the touch (approximately 15-20 minutes). Sprinkle with the cheese and bake until firm. Serve immediately.
A made this for the DM as a dinner dish which she thoroughly enjoyed. I used the tomato option as we have a glut of cherry tomatoes at the moment, so I just halved and added as per recipe. Thank you Nif, made for Went To Market tag game.
This is a yummy frittata. I used probably more than 1 cup of veggies. I used green onion, red onion, green bell pepper, and a leftover of cooked broccoli that I added at the end of cooking (for the veggies). I used 2 eggs and a little bit of egg white to empty my small container. I used reduced-fat mozzarella on top. So good and healthy. I loved it. Thanks Nif :) Made for Market tag