Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
My mother in-law's Christmas wasn't complete without these on the dessert table.
Make and share this Bethal's Sugar Cookies Aka Cut-Out Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add 1 tsp of vinegar to the milk.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder & baking soda.
- Cream together brown sugar, sugar, crisco & egg.
- Now add the lemon extract and the vanilla to the milk.
- Add the flour and the milk (alternating each) to the creamed ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients until a firm ball forms.
- Chill cookie dough at least one hour.
- Roll out chilled dough and cut into the desired shapes with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Ice and decorate.
- ***The amount of cookies varies pending the size cookie cutter you choose to use***.
best cookies ever bar none
Second time making them w/o Mom and they turned out GREAT! The key is not making them too thin. :) Enjoy!!