Recipe by Tyranie
This is something my mom used to make when I was a kid. Its got a couple variations listed to make it easier for those of us that like to slack. This is an Assyrian breakfast that is very tasty and I can even get my daughter and boyfriend to eat it and they hate veggies of all kinds.
- egg (however many you feel like eating)
- 1 fresh large tomatoes
- seven spices
- cilantro (fresh or dried)
- parsley (fresh or dried)
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the yellow onion half into tiny tiny bits on one plate, and dice the tomato into small pieces on another plate. (Yes this dish makes a bit of a mess if you want to substitute the tomato you can use a can of diced tomatoes instead you will use a proportional amount to the number of eggs you are making).
- Put olive oil in the pan, you will want to cover the bottom of the frying pan, this is going to saute the onion, tomatoes and eggs so make sure it coats the bottom. You can also use 3 table spoons of butter for this (no one said this recipe was healthy) .
- Put in the onions and saute them until they are soft, add Seven Spices (this is also called allspice), paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Usually you want to sprinkle it across the pan, but don't use too much allspice cause it has a strong flavor.
- After you have mixed the onions and seasonings together, mix in the tomatoes. Saute these for about a minute making sure to mash the tomato pieces. It makes more sauce that way and brings out the flavor).
- Add eggs and cover the frying pan.
- Cook until egg whites are cooked but egg yolks are still a bit runny and you are done!
- Uncover, put in a plate and eat with bread! Pita bread is usually best but sliced bread works too :)
- If you have any questions just send me a message :).