Recipe by Gingerbee
These delectible morsels are like breakfast in a bite! I substitute organic ingredients making them somewhat "healthy" but this recipe lists all the ingredients you have on hand. Easy and quick to make...enjoy!
Top Review by Whole foods mama of 2
These are awesome! We eat mostly whole foods and I try not to eat any processed or cane suger. I only used about 1/4 raw suger in these plus some molasses to make up for the 'brown' surger part.I added just a bit more wheat flour and used olive oil. I can't stop eating them! I didn't put any fruit, nuts or chocolate in them since I didn't have any and to make them healthier. YUM YUM!!! The second time I added a bit more honey and cut the suger. Some flax seeds and dandy blend for extra nutrients. I was going to add some pumpkin seeds and cranberries but I was out. I think some pumpkin spice would be great, or just pumpkin!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole oats or 3 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cinnamin, salt& baking powder; Set aside.
- In a second bowl, add shortening, eggs, vanilla and mix in the oats by hand.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients, plus raisins, nuts and chocolate, mixing throughly.
- Roll a tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie, flatting gently with a fork on a non-greased cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10- 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool before removing them from the sheet.