Recipe by FLKeysJen
The perfect Spanish tapas! These disappear quickly at parties; there's something about the mix of flavors that becomes addictive. You control the heat: the more red pepper flakes you use, the spicier it will be! This hors d'oeuvre is best when it marinates at least two or three days.
Top Review by cylee
Mmmm...different, for sure!! These have that taste that keeps you going back to figure out "what it is you like about it". Today is the second day in marinade...although the smell of the marinade wasn't great yesterday, what a turn around! These will DEFINITELY be at my party this winter, thanks, Jen!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (1 tsp for wimps)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the shrimp in a pot of boiling salted water and cook only until they begin to curl into a "c" shape; drain and place in a large bowl that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Combine the parsley, onion, celery, vinegars, olive oil, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl and mix well. Pour over the shrimp.
- Cover the shrimp and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Stir the mixture every several hours.
- Drain off the marinade and serve the shrimp in a shallow dish, accompanied by cocktail forks or toothpicks.