1/1 Photo of Bet You Can't Eat Just One Shrimp
24 hrs 15 mins
The perfect Spanish tapas! These disappear quickly at parties; there's something about the mix of flavors that becomes addictive. You control the heat: the more red pepper flakes you use, the spicier it will be! This hors d'oeuvre is best when it marinates at least two or three days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (1 tsp for wimps)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1Place the shrimp in a pot of boiling salted water and cook only until they begin to curl into a "c" shape; drain and place in a large bowl that has a tight-fitting lid.
- 2Combine the parsley, onion, celery, vinegars, olive oil, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl and mix well. Pour over the shrimp.
- 3Cover the shrimp and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Stir the mixture every several hours.
- 4Drain off the marinade and serve the shrimp in a shallow dish, accompanied by cocktail forks or toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Spicy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spicy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bet You Can't Eat Just One Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 910.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar