The perfect Spanish tapas! These disappear quickly at parties; there's something about the mix of flavors that becomes addictive. You control the heat: the more red pepper flakes you use, the spicier it will be! This hors d'oeuvre is best when it marinates at least two or three days.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (1 tsp for wimps)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Place the shrimp in a pot of boiling salted water and cook only until they begin to curl into a "c" shape; drain and place in a large bowl that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Combine the parsley, onion, celery, vinegars, olive oil, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl and mix well. Pour over the shrimp.
- Cover the shrimp and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Stir the mixture every several hours.
- Drain off the marinade and serve the shrimp in a shallow dish, accompanied by cocktail forks or toothpicks.