The perfect Spanish tapas! These disappear quickly at parties; there's something about the mix of flavors that becomes addictive. You control the heat: the more red pepper flakes you use, the spicier it will be! This hors d'oeuvre is best when it marinates at least two or three days.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (1 tsp for wimps)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Place the shrimp in a pot of boiling salted water and cook only until they begin to curl into a "c" shape; drain and place in a large bowl that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Combine the parsley, onion, celery, vinegars, olive oil, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl and mix well. Pour over the shrimp.
- Cover the shrimp and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Stir the mixture every several hours.
- Drain off the marinade and serve the shrimp in a shallow dish, accompanied by cocktail forks or toothpicks.
Mmmm...different, for sure!! These have that taste that keeps you going back to figure out "what it is you like about it". Today is the second day in marinade...although the smell of the marinade wasn't great yesterday, what a turn around! These will DEFINITELY be at my party this winter, thanks, Jen!!
ok you were right..i could NOT just eat one :) Good thing i scaled it down to enough for two rather than 4 lol. I think its the tarragon vinegar that makes them so addictive. Terrific cold shrimp dish. No pic, bc i kept sneaking them as they marinaded in the fridge and i wasnt taking one of 2 shrimp left *blush*
These are fantastic!Love that name. I used Dijon grainy mustard; that's all I had and I put only a bit of red pepper flakes because my grand children will eatin some of these and I didn't want to scare them off.I made this for Photo Tag Game. Thank you so much Jen for posting.