Just Cher's Note:
I am posting this recipe per request. I got the original recipe from one of my kids school cookbooks. There was no name as to the author of the recipe and I have tweaked it to our liking. My family things these are the best. Hope you enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If adding raisins cover raisins with warm water, soak for 10 minutes, Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- 2Combine eggs, 2 tbs water, vanilla, butter, shortening and sugars in mixer bowl, beat until creamy.
- 3In a medium size bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- 4Add to to egg mixture and beat at low speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- 5Add oats and raisins (if using) Mix until blended Form into 2 inch thick rolls.
- 6Wrap in wax paper and chill until firm.
- 7Slice rolls into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on baking sheet.
- 8Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bestest Oatmeal Cookies for Mysterygirl
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.0
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 411.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g