Recipe by Just Cher
I am posting this recipe per request. I got the original recipe from one of my kids school cookbooks. There was no name as to the author of the recipe and I have tweaked it to our liking. My family things these are the best. Hope you enjoy
Top Review by Meridien
THE perfect oatmeal cookie recipe! Daughter's been bugging me to make them for weeks, and since she doesn't like raisins, we omitted them. The cookie's were tender, crispy, delicious, and we will be making them often! (Maybe one time with raisins, for me! lol!)
- 354.88 ml raisins (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 314.66 ml brown sugar, packed
- 473.18 ml flour
- 5.52 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 10.44 ml baking powder
- 887.21 ml rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- If adding raisins cover raisins with warm water, soak for 10 minutes, Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine eggs, 2 tbs water, vanilla, butter, shortening and sugars in mixer bowl, beat until creamy.
- In a medium size bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add to to egg mixture and beat at low speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add oats and raisins (if using) Mix until blended Form into 2 inch thick rolls.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill until firm.
- Slice rolls into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on baking sheet.
- Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.