Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am posting this recipe per request. I got the original recipe from one of my kids school cookbooks. There was no name as to the author of the recipe and I have tweaked it to our liking. My family things these are the best. Hope you enjoy
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄8 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
- If adding raisins cover raisins with warm water, soak for 10 minutes, Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine eggs, 2 tbs water, vanilla, butter, shortening and sugars in mixer bowl, beat until creamy.
- In a medium size bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add to to egg mixture and beat at low speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add oats and raisins (if using) Mix until blended Form into 2 inch thick rolls.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill until firm.
- Slice rolls into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on baking sheet.
- Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
THE perfect oatmeal cookie recipe! Daughter's been bugging me to make them for weeks, and since she doesn't like raisins, we omitted them. The cookie's were tender, crispy, delicious, and we will be making them often! (Maybe one time with raisins, for me! lol!)
These are excellent. I am not a person to eat raisins so I used craisins in mine. Very good - everyone commented on how tasty the cookies were. Thank you so much for posting this for me and I am sooooo sorry that I forgot to review this before now.
These are to die for !! A new favorite here at my house ! I added a cup of golden raisins and a heaping teaspoon of PENNZYS BAKING SPICE !! I made them into rolls and froze them , the next day I just had to bake a roll of that dough to see if the cookies were any good !! THEY ARE !!!! WONDERFUL !!!!