1/1 Photo of Bestest Ever Banana Bread
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is so old the paper is yellowed and stained! It's a staple in our house and has been used for muffins, cake or bread. I've added cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg to really spice it up, or chocolate chips and nuts to make a special treat. It's always a huge hit and freezes well. It's moist, light and fluffy. This will make 4 loaves, so you may want to half it. But I like making two loaves and then a bunch of muffins, one loaf will get delivered to a neighbor, the other devoured by the kids and the muffins get frozen and pulled out for breakfast treats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1mix sour cream and baking soda in a bowl, allow to sit and get foamy.
- 2grease and flour pans, and preheat oven to 350.
- 3cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- 4add sour cream mixture, vanilla, salt and bananas, mix well.
- 5slowly add in flour as you mix.
- 6a 9x5 loaf pan takes about an hour to cook and is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bestest Ever Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2946 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2146.6
- Calories from Fat 824
- Total Fat 91.5 g
- Saturated Fat 54.3 g
- Cholesterol 515.1 mg
- Sodium 2367.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 304.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 165.8 g
- Protein 32.8 g