Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The zucchini make the brownies very moist and no one ever knows what the secret is to these brownies until you tell them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream sugar & margarine. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir in shredded zucchini last.
- Spread in a 13 x 9 greased pan. Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips on top along with 1 Tbls sugar.
- Bake @ 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
I just made these brownies in order to get rid of the end of my zucchini harvest. I increased the amount of cocoa to approx. 1/2 cup. These brownies are awesome and so moist. My family couldn't believe there was zucchini in them!
Perfect brownies! I did add about 1/2 cup of cocoa because I wanted a dark, very chocolate-y brownie. It did the trick! I've never made cakey brownies before and now I may be a convert. Of course the best part of this recipe is it used 2 large zucchinis from my garden that my kids will now gobble down...
Excellent brownies! Everyone who ate them loved them and couldn't believe there was zucchini in them. Making them again today for a family picnic tomorrow! You must try them!