Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
After months of tweaking and testing, my wife and I have come up with a batch of hot chocolate mix we cannot keep on the counter. It's a hodgepodge of this recipe and that with the added touch of NuStevia White Powder. For our standpoint it is as good as an all natural sugar substitute gets.
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 1 cup non-dairy coffee creamer
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons stevia (recommend NuStevia White Powder)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package fat free sugar-free instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- Mix all ingredients by hand in a medium size bowl.
- Place 1 cup of mix into a food processor at a time and blend until a fine powder.
- Use approximately 2 Tablespoons to 8 oz. of hot water.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size 16 g Amount Per Serving Calories 55Calories from Fat 4 % Daily Value* Total Fat 0.5g1% Trans Fat 0.0g Cholesterol 2mg1% Sodium 116mg5% Potassium 23mg1% Total Carbohydrates 8.9g3% Sugars 5.7g Protein 4.2g Vitamin A 0% ? Vitamin C 1% Calcium 14% ? Iron 2% Nutrition Grade C * Based on a 2000 calorie diet
I'm rating this as a recipe only - as I will not be making this one. They said that it was the best all-natural sugar hot chocolate, when in fact the only fat-free, sugar-free chocolate fudge pudding i found is by Jell-o and has ASPARTAME in it. ASPERTAME is not all-natural and is, in fact, a harmful sugar-substitute. Unless they update this to include the all natural sugar-free pudding, I would think twice about making this.
My husband was diagnosed with with Type II almost 4 months ago. Although he is doing fantastic, now that the cooler weather is here, he misses his hot chocolate. This hit the spot and made him happy. Thank you very much!