Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This flavorful recipe will make enough to stuff a 5 pound chicken. Double the recipe for a turkey. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 dozen chestnuts, blanched (see How to Blanch and Shell Chestnuts)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1⁄2 lb veal, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup other fat, melted
- 2 cups cornbread (or Johnny Cake)
- veal stock, to moisten
- Shell and blanch chestnuts.
- Force chestnuts, mushrooms and veal through a meat grinder or whirl in the food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.