Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy! My entire family devours this everytime, even the picky eaters. I double the recipe so there are leftovers. Great for Thanksgiving leftover turkey.
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix (NOT Golden Onion)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup American cheese or 1⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese (2-3 slices)
- 1 -2 cup chicken or 1 -2 cup turkey, diced
- Boil rice, water and onion soup mix until rice pops, covered approx.
- 1 1/2 hours.
- Add can soup, milk, mushrooms, cheese and meat.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Add more milk if desired.
This is a great wild rice soup. It tastes amazing and is very easy to make. We added mushrooms to ours, used 3 oz. American cheese, and 8 oz. rotisserie chicken...it was so good. I'm looking forward to making it again. Thanks for posting this great recipe!!
This soup was very delicious, it was not the best I have ever had but it was pretty darn good. I do have some recommendations to add to the instructions. Boil the rice, water, and soup mix on a medium heat and you will have to add water as you go so you don't burn your soup. I think I ended up adding an extra 3 cups as the water boils off, but that will vary for everyone. Don't add to much especially at the end you don't want to water your soup down chicken wild rice soup should be a thicker soup, not like a chicken noodle soup. We also put in two and a half cups of chicken and three thick slices of Velveeta cheese, it was perfect. Thanks for the recipe.
Very, very good. I can't wait to have some more. Highly recommended.