Recipe by iglowforyou
This recipe is from http://www.recchiuti.com and I am saving it here to keep it forever and ever. These are very yummy. Better than any store-bought. This is the first recipe I've tried for these cookies and I won't be needing to look for any more! Browning the butter is not something I'm used to doing but it was very easy! Just be careful to take it off when it turns golden brown, and don't let it burn. They won't spread too much, so don't worry about them getting too thin.
Top Review by MOM-2
I live at high altitude so sometimes cookies just don't turn out like I want them. This recipe on the other hand turned out just like I wanted them too! These are nice and fluffy and soft. My dough was a little dry so I added a TBS. milk and it took care of that. Thank you so much for posting this!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 8 ounces premium white baking chocolate, such as El Rey (I used store brand white chips, worked fine, but I didn't do the grating step)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, preferably Madagascar Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In 8-inch saute pan, bring butter to golden brown (~5 to 8 minutes).
- Stir in brown sugar and let stand in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Grate 3oz white chocolate. Coarsely chop remaining 5oz. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Place cooled butter in mixer. Using the paddle attachment, add granulated sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients.
- Add grated white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Stir until combined.
- Note: I refrigerated my dough while I heated up the oven here.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Dip top in coarsely chopped white chocolate. (I skipped this step) Place on non-stick cookie sheet, spaced 3-inches apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. (Be careful, I cooked my cookies only ~8 minutes. Watch them to see!) Cool on rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.