1/4 Photos of Best White Bread (Abm)
4 hrs 20 mins
3 hrs 50 mins
Lizzie in NZ's Note:
The base for this recipe was originally from Allrecipes but I've changed the recipe to suit my breadmaker and taste. When I made my first loaf of this I couldn't believe I had made something that looked and tasted like a commercially produced loaf. NOTE: My ABM is older and takes 2 1/2 hours to do a dough cycle. The times include rising time also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the ingredients into your ABM in the order specified for your machine. Set it on the dough cycle.
- 2When the dough cycle has beeped, LEAVE the dough in the machine for another 30 minutes. It will continue to rise again.
- 3Preheat your oven to 190°C Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan with butter.
- 4Tip out your dough onto a lightly floured work area and roll into a long rectangle, making sure the width is no wider than 9 inches and about 1/2 inch thick. It doesn't matter about the length. You will hear all the air bubbles popping as you roll.
- 5Once the air bubbles are gone, roll up, starting from one of the short ends. You may want to moisten the end of the dough to help seal it together.
- 6Place roll of dough, seam side down, tucking ends under, in your loaf pan.
- 7Leave to rise until doubled in size, approximately 30-40mins. Brush with melted butter.
- 8Bake 190C for 30 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped with the handle of a knife.
- 9While loaf is hot brush with melted butter.
- 10Remove loaf from pan onto a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best White Bread (Abm)
Serving Size: 1 (755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1567.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3118.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 329.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: