Oh, the way your house smells when baking homemade bread!!! I got this recipe from a church friend who has 9 children. I scaled it down for my family. I bake bread twice a week. So much better than store bought.
- In a large mixing bowl, put all liquids in and stir.
- Add sugar, salt and yeast.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and oatmeal.
- Stir in enough flour til dough cleans side of bowl.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead in remaining flour until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Put dough in greased bowl, cover and allow to rise until double.
- Punch dough down, form into 4 loaves, place in greased loaf pans and let rise until double in size.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove from pans immediately and allow to cool on wire racks.