Recipe by Divinemom5
Oh, the way your house smells when baking homemade bread!!! I got this recipe from a church friend who has 9 children. I scaled it down for my family. I bake bread twice a week. So much better than store bought.
Top Review by WJKing
This was SO delicious! Just made this last evening. DH sat up & ate a bunch before bed!
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 4 -5 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 -5 cups white flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, put all liquids in and stir.
- Add sugar, salt and yeast.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and oatmeal.
- Stir in enough flour til dough cleans side of bowl.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead in remaining flour until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Put dough in greased bowl, cover and allow to rise until double.
- Punch dough down, form into 4 loaves, place in greased loaf pans and let rise until double in size.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove from pans immediately and allow to cool on wire racks.