Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
The flavors in this kale salad are ridiculous. I eat this every day.
- 1 bunch fresh kale, chopped (enough to cover your skillet)
- 1⁄8 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 2 teaspoons quality balsamic vinegar
- asiago cheese, to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter and saute onions, pepper, and mushrooms until browned around edges.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet, and let it cook out the vinegar a bit, just a good 5 second.
- Reduce heat to low, and add in big bunch of fresh, chopped kale and garlic. Mix the contents until the kale is fully coated with the butter, balsamic, and veggies. The kale should just be slightly warm, not wilted.
- Transfer the contents of the skillet onto a plate. Grate fresh asiago (I prefer the big shreds) over the top, if desired.