Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are so good, got this recipe from my sister in law. My wife and I just love them. You can add blueberries or any other item to flavour as you desire.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- Mix flour, baking powder & salt in large bowl.
- In another bowl mix egg yolks; add milk and oil.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just mixed.
- In separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into waffle mixture.
- When mixing wet to dry, mixture should be a bit lumpy.
- When folding in egg whites leave a few "fluffs" not mixed in completely.
These are great waffles, big, thick, tall, crisp, tender and chewy. They are so good. I enjoyed them very much, served with homemade mandrin vanilla syrup. This recipe made 8 waffles. Thank you so much for sharing this super recipe.