Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
You would never guess that these are vegan! Creamy, garlicky deliciousness!
Make and share this Best Vegan Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and dice red skin potatoes into 2" pieces (do not peel).
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with 2" of cold water. Add salt to water, allow to come to a boil over high heat. Once at full boil, reduce heat to low. Continue to cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes for at least 5 minutes, making sure they are dry. While potatoes are draining, melt margarine over low heat. Add garlic, allowing to heat without browning.
- Once drained, place potatoes back into pot. Add the margarine and garlic mixture, nutmeg, white pepper, and salt to taste.
- Begin mashing mixture with a fork, and add vegan creamer and oat milk. Use more oat milk for lighter texture and less for thicker texture.
- (Creamer and milk may be substituted with other vegan dairy replacements).
I'll admit that, until recently, when confronted with a recipe like this, I'd be tempted to do a lot of substituting with 'regular' ol' ingredients, but not so much anymore since both my son & DIL are vegetarians! Because of that I'm much more willing to make vegetarian & vegan recipes as given, as I did with this one! These mashed potatoes definitely have a quality texture & flavor, for sure! I was a little unsure about using garlic AND nutmeg but it certainly worked wonders here! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]