- 1 1⁄4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups turbinado sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups sucanat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8" pan with vegetable oil spray. Mix all dry ingredients except turbinado sugar and chopped walnuts in large bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients and sugar together in medium bowl.
- Blend wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients until smooth. Fold in the walnuts. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.