Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is very easy and hits the spot. Microwaving the potatoes shortens the time.
- 3 -4 large baking potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package chive & onion cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (chipotle cheddar is great)
- crumbled cooked bacon bits
- Fork the potatoes to let steam escape and cook potatoes in oven or microwave until done.
- When potatoes are done, cut each potato in half and scoop out inside leaving just enough for potato to not fall apart.
- Place all potato that you scoop out in a large bowl.
- Salt and pepper the potato mash while still hot and pour in just a tad milk and about a tablespoon of butter and mash until combined.
- Add in cream cheese bit by bit, and more milk or butter to your desired consistency.
- Sprinkle in a bit of cheese to potato mix (you could also add in some of the bacon now if you like).
- Stuff the potato shells then top with more cheese and bacon bits.
- Cook at 450°F for about 12 minutes or until cheese has melted and begun to bubble.