Recipe by KissKiss
I adapted this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, and it's the best I've ever had. Just enough crunch, just enough mayo. It's perfect! I like to serve this in pita pockets with a little lettuce.
Top Review by Bluebelles
Very, very good recipe. I made this for the Healthy Choices ABC Tag game. We really like a crunch to our tuna and chicken salad, so this was the perfect recipe for us. Tuna salad doesn't get much better than this recipe. I agree with *Parsley* no salt needed, and chill for at least two hours before serving.
- 2 (7 1/16 ounce) bagschunk white tuna in water, drained of liquid (vacuum-sealed)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped (about one stalk)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (about two green onions)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (heaping)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (or two tsp snipped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp basil, if using chicken instead of tuna)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt