1/1 Photo of Best Tuna Salad Ever
I adapted this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, and it's the best I've ever had. Just enough crunch, just enough mayo. It's perfect! I like to serve this in pita pockets with a little lettuce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (7 1/16 ounce) bags chunk white tuna in water, drained of liquid (vacuum-sealed)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped (about one stalk)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion (about two green onions)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (heaping)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (or two tsp snipped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp basil, if using chicken instead of tuna)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1In a medium bowl, combine tuna, celery, green onions, and water chestnuts.
- 2In a separate bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, and salt. Fold mixture into tuna mixture.
- 3Chill for a couple hours, covered.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Tuna Salad Ever
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 512.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 17.4 g