1/1 Photo of Best Tuna Melt Ever
Jazz up your tuna melt with a raisins and celery. Sharp cheddar is essential, as is horseradish. Yogurt instead of mayo makes it tangy-er and lighter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces solid white tuna packed in water (one can)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons raisins (one small box)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1 tablespoon country-style dijon mustard (the kind with the whole mustard seeds)
- 2 tablespoons whole fat unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 slice wheat bread
- 1Put the bread in the toaster and toast medium.
- 2Meanwhile, cut the celery into small pieces and mix it in a bowl with the tuna, raisins, horseradish, mustard, and yogurt.
- 3The horseradish and mustard should both be added to taste: it's up to you how much you want to add. I like a lot so I usually put in a few big spoonfuls of each.
- 4Then, after the horseradish and mustard, add enough yogurt in to make it all stick together.
- 5You can use mayo if you prefer, but the yogurt tastes better with the raisins.
- 6Microwave everything in the bowl (maybe 1 min - just enough to warm it so the toaster oven doesn't have to do all the work).
- 7Arrange the tuna mix on a piece of pre-toasted bread.
- 8You can also use pita or half a green bell pepper instead of bread.
- 9I make a little dome shape.
- 10Place 2-3 slices of cheddar on the top of the dome of tuna.
- 11Put it all back in the toaster oven (or regular oven) and cook until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Tuna Melt Ever
Serving Size: 1 (1116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 1281.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 52.0 g