Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Thick creamy casserole will warm your heart and fill your tummy I make this for my parents they love it.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 4 cups milk, or (3c milk 1c chicken broth)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna in water
- 1 (8 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (12 ounce) bag No Yolks egg noodle substitute, extra wide
- needed equipment.
- 2 pots one for sauce, one to boil noodles.
- can opener.
- knife cutting board.
- good stirring spoon.
- In a large stock pot(pot1) add butter and melt. when the butter is melted add the chopped onion and garlic powder and pepper. Saute onion until translucent about a minute.
- Then sprinkle in the flour while stirring constantly, cook mix over a med low heat for an additional one to two minute. You want to slightly cook the flour but not burn it.
- In a separate pot (pot2)boil water for the noodles. cook the noodles until they are slightly undercooked boil for about 3min drain noodles in a strained and set aside.
- When the flour is done turn the heat to med/high and slowly add the milk stirring constantly to avoid lumps after milk is mixed in slowly stir in the cheese bring sauce to a gently boil and it will thicken.
- Turn heat to low add the vegetables tuna and noodles to sauce. cook until warmed through and enjoy.
- note: I add no salt to my recipe but if you want a saltier taste you can sprinkle end result with some Parmesan cheese.
It was very good. It remind me of my mother tuna recipe.