Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everyone who has tasted this salad loves it. It is just as pretty as it is delicious!
Make and share this Best Tossed Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce (Use half romaine and half spinach.)
- 3 ounces spinach
- 1⁄8 cup raisins
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup mandarin orange
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup whole candied pecans (recipe below)
- Whisk together first eight ingredients and refrigerate.
- To glaze pecans, melt 1/3 cup of sugar over medium high heat. When sugar is melted, add 2/3 cup of pecans and coat. Spread on buttered waxed paper to cool. Break apart.
- Mix together rest of ingredients except for nuts.and refrigerate until time to serve. When read to serve, add nuts and salad dressing.
- ( Salad dressing will need to be shaken to mix as it tends to settle.).
Great salad, I really loved the dressing. I used green leaf lettuce (no spinach) and craisins instead of raisins. Served for lunch and I liked it as is; DH sliced up some leftover grilled chicken and mixed it in. Made for My Three Chefs.
I used red leaf lettuce for the spinach and skipped the cucumber. I used Splenda option. Honestly, I could happily make a meal of just this salad, YUM. Made for PAC, Spring 2014.