Recipe by park26
Everyone who has tasted this salad loves it. It is just as pretty as it is delicious!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great salad, I really loved the dressing. I used green leaf lettuce (no spinach) and craisins instead of raisins. Served for lunch and I liked it as is; DH sliced up some leftover grilled chicken and mixed it in. Made for My Three Chefs.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce (Use half romaine and half spinach.)
- 3 ounces spinach
- 1⁄8 cup raisins
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup mandarin orange
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup whole candied pecans (recipe below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first eight ingredients and refrigerate.
- To glaze pecans, melt 1/3 cup of sugar over medium high heat. When sugar is melted, add 2/3 cup of pecans and coat. Spread on buttered waxed paper to cool. Break apart.
- Mix together rest of ingredients except for nuts.and refrigerate until time to serve. When read to serve, add nuts and salad dressing.
- ( Salad dressing will need to be shaken to mix as it tends to settle.).