Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from my grandma's recipe book. The cookies come out soft and are 100% AMAZING every time! On occasion, I like to swap out 1 tsp Vanilla extract with 1 tsp Almond extract and it adds a new dimension to the cookies. I like to melt chocolate chips and drizzle that onto the cutouts instead of icing...so good!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar, butter and salt. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and baking powder, set aside.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla to the butter mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Refrigerate dough until firm enough to work with
- Roll out dough to about ¼ inch thick and cut cookies
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, be sure to check on them after 5 minutes and keep an eye on them. It doesn't take long for these puppies to burn or get too crunchy!