This recipe is from my grandma's recipe book. The cookies come out soft and are 100% AMAZING every time! On occasion, I like to swap out 1 tsp Vanilla extract with 1 tsp Almond extract and it adds a new dimension to the cookies. I like to melt chocolate chips and drizzle that onto the cutouts instead of icing...so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar, butter and salt. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and baking powder, set aside.
- 3Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla to the butter mixture. Mix until well blended.
- 4Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- 5Refrigerate dough until firm enough to work with
- 6Roll out dough to about ¼ inch thick and cut cookies
- 7Bake for 5-8 minutes, be sure to check on them after 5 minutes and keep an eye on them. It doesn't take long for these puppies to burn or get too crunchy!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Sugar Cookies Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 230.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g