Recipe by Joy1996
These cookies are great with your favorite frosting.
Top Review by Hazeleyes
Excellent sugar cookie recipe! In order to keep the chewiness, be careful not to over bake! The flavor was sweet, but not overly sweet. I used a frosting glaze, and the results were delicious! I might try to use 1/2 butter, 1/2 crisco next time. Thanks!
- 2⁄3 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons evaporated milk or 4 teaspoons cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the Crisco and sugar.
- Add vanilla, egg, and evaporated milk; mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Cover the dough and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out and use your favorite cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375° on a greased cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.